Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Future Unknown


I speak of the future, of the future unknown

Of that which could kill, this love that we’ve grown

Of that pebble so small, that could trip our love to fall

Or bigger more a mountain that could stand in our way so tall

I speak of the future, of that which is yet to come

As we flow

As we grow

As we glow

And blow

Up in this thing called love

I feel with every step, some pain impending

Some words disheartening

And some actions so heartbreaking

I fear we wont thrive

I fear we might not survive

I fear this love will not be alive

In this future, this future unknown

But if love conquers all and love never fails

If love endureth all regardless where it sails

Why is it that I fear?

Why is it that I tear?

Why is this premonition so clear?

Why this sorrowful song I hear?

If I say I love you

It does not mean I’ll meet every promise

If I say I care for you

It does not mean I might never hurt you

If I say you are my only one

It does not mean I know no other friends

Pain may come I could cause you so much harm

Hurt may surge through

But all these will only test our love to be true

I am ready to journey are you ready to come?

To this place unknown, right through the test

Its not going to be easy, but we shall keep us company

I speak of the future, of the future unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment